The world's largest collection of Ford Transit paraphernalia


Most people convert their loft into a home office or spare bedroom, but not Peter Lee. His attic is home to the world’s largest Transit collection.

Peter has collected more than 6,000 model vans since working to help build real-life Transits in Langley, Berks, in the 1960s. He lived in a van for a year and wrote a book to mark the iconic van’s 50th anniversary, last year.


I’ve hunted down every Transit item I can – it’s become a very important part of my life,” said Peter, who has now collected more than 23,000 pieces of memorabilia including Frisbees, stress balls, cookie jars. A customised 1970s van with a working bar is one of nine classic full-sized Transits he owns. Luckily for Peter his family are very supportive.

I’m very fortunate. They come to the shows with me – and my grandchildren love toy vans.

Comments