The Ford Focus RS RX takes a second consecutive FIA World Rallycross Win!



In only its sixth race, the Ford Focus RS RX has established itself as a championship contender as Hoonigan Racing Division driver +Andreas Bakkerud earned his second consecutive FIA World Rallycross win on Sunday in Holjes, Sweden.

The weekend was an uphill battle for the Norwegian driver.  After finishing third-fastest in practice, Bakkerud’s Focus RS RX suffered a double puncture in the first qualifying race that resulted in a DNF.


He took second in both the second and third qualifying rounds before taking first in the fourth race.

I just missed the start, and I saw the guys in front of me were hitting each other.  I had been through the joker lap, and even though I couldn’t get my windshield wipers to work, I told myself to keep calm,” Bakkerud said in an interview post-race.   “I saw Timmy [Hansen] getting out of the joker and I just had a big enough gap to take him.



The Focus RS RX race program is a collaboration between +Ford Performance, M-Sport, and +Hoonigan Racing Division. One of the factory-backed Hoonigan Racing Division drivers has qualified for the Final in five of the six 2016 rounds, and it has been on the podium three times this season.

Comments